Summer is a great time to wear our colorful silk scarves. And even if your place of residence doesn’t have a breath of fresh air all summer long that allows you to wear your scarf around your neck, you can always find other uses for it. In this case we propose 5 hairstyles with hair scarves, great for all kinds of occasions, summer events and trips. Do you dare to give a more original touch to your hairstyles?
Braids with scarves
Braids are one of the most popular hairstyles in summer, perhaps because they give lightness to the hair and prevent it from tangling in the water of the pool or the sea.
And braids with scarves are one of the most elegant and fun hairstyles with scarves. So, as we told you in the post ‘silk scarves, the fashion accessory for wedding guests’, braids made with scarves are also ideal for events such as weddings, or any other type of ceremony.
To make a low braid with a handkerchief:
- Place the handkerchief by dropping one end over each shoulder.
- Pull out the hair so that it is above the scarf.
- Divide the hair into parts, letting the two side parts fall over each end of the scarf.
- Take it all together, forming three separations and start braiding as you normally do.
- To finish, twist the remaining part of the scarf and make a loop to gather the end of the braid.
Headband and braid with scarf
Another way to play with your silk scarves and wear a super flattering hairstyle is to use it as a headband and finish with a beautiful and colorful braid.
To make this braid and scarf headband hairstyle follow these steps:
- Place the center of the scarf on the top of the head (as a headband).
- Drop the ends on each side
- Divide the hair in three and join the two outer parts with the ends of the scarf.
- Start braiding by twisting to one side (if you want the braid to the side)
- Place an elastic at the end of the braid and twist the rest of the scarf over the top to hide it.
Silk scarf updo
A very elegant and original way to tie up your hair so that it doesn’t get hot in summer is to make an updo or bun with a scarf.
This hairstyle is very easy and also very stylish:
- Gather all your hair in a bun (high, low or mid-length) with the help of an elastic band.
- Wrap a short scarf around the bun.
- You can hide the ends of the scarf under the hair to hide them, or you can make a bow that is visible. If you opt for a low bun, let the ends of the scarf fall over the back.
You can also make another updo with a scarf, first making a braid with the scarf and then shaping it into a bun and securing it with clips or an elastic band.
Elegant ponytail with silk scarf
Another trendy hairstyle to wear for all kinds of elegant events is the ponytail with a scarf.
It is one of the easiest hairstyles, so anyone can do it and give an exclusive plus to their summer look.
- If you want, you can start by curling your hair a bit, or making some waves.
- Crease the crown area to give volume and make a normal ponytail.
- You can do the ponytail with a middle parting, no parting or a side parting.
- Cover the ponytail with the scarf and make a bow that lets the two sides of the scarf fall over the ponytail.
Turban with or without a bow
Another star hairstyle with a scarf for summer, which can also help protect your head from the sun, are headbands in the form of turbans.
To do it:
- Gather your hair in a bun at the height you like.
- Take the scarf and place it at the nape of your neck.
- Cross the ends of the scarf at the forehead and knot them at the nape of the neck.
- Twist the scarf slightly so that the knot falls over the shoulder
What do you think of these scarf hairstyle ideas? Enter our online store and discover the number of models that we have designed especially for you.
You might also be interested in this other post about how to wear small silk scarves.